Sunday, June 22, 2014

Rainbow Vacuum

The Rainbow System Company thrives on word of mouth advertising. They beg you to tell others about your experience. So friends, here is my experience with the company and their representative. There is good news, not so good news, and bad news.

The summary:
The good news: The Rainbow System is an effective product
The not so good news: The Rainbow System is incredibly expensive
The bad news: The representative was a deceptive sales shark

The story:
I visited a completely unrelated show a few weeks ago, and put my name into a drawing for a small air purifier. On Thursday evening, I was called, and informed that I had “won” the drawing, and that in order to obtain this air purifier, the lady would like to show me the larger model. Okay, I have no problem looking at the larger model. I might be interested in the larger model. I set up the appointment.

Keep in mind that when I made the appointment, she told me she would only need an hour, and I made it clear I needed to get up early the next morning.

She arrived on time at 6:30 on Friday evening. She set up the small “air purifier” that I had “won”, and then began the presentation of the larger model. After a few minutes of her presentation, I began to recognize the design of the contraption. I asked if this was not the same company that made the vacuum that my mom had growing up. She denied that it was the same thing. However, further into the presentation, she agreed that it was, indeed the same company and the same thing.

Now, I agree that today’s model is indeed prettier, but it is the exact same thing I grew up with.

The good news: this vacuum is effective. It does what it says it’s going to do. It sucks up all of the dust from the carpet, etc., traps it in the water vat, and keeps it (the dust) from blowing back out into the air.

The not so good news: It is expensive! This vacuum is over $2,000. Not to mention the fact that it is bulky, it is difficult to use, and it is gross to clean up when you are done cleaning your house.

The bad news: The representative was a deceptive sales shark. She used deceptive tactics to gain access to my home. She was not there to sell me an air purifier, she was there to sell me a vacuum. No matter how much you flower up the language (and she did flower up the language), an air purifier is not the same as a vacuum. She told me she would be there one hour, she was there for over three! She tried to use every tactic in the book, from being overly friendly, to telling me how much weight I lost since the last time she saw me; from complementing my children, to using guilt trips.

I will tell you this right now: lying to me is the absolute worst way to get my money! This company has been in business for a long time, and sells an effective product, but has forever lost my sale because of this poor sales experience.

That’s how I understand things,

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment