Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Dying to Live

Dying to Live, by Harmonie Reigns can also be found at my favorite local bookstore, Get Booked, owned by Raul Gutierrez.

This book was difficult to read.  I will admit that my difficulty in reading this book probably has more to do with the descriptions of physical abuse than any writing technique employed by Reigns.  My own past experience with domestic violence clouded my ability to read about it.  Through reading this book, I have learned that I am not yet ready to  move on and read about the experience of others.

If you are able to separate yourself from the abuse described, I recommend this book.  Given the accuracy of the emotions, cover-ups, and lies by "Naomi," I wonder if Reigns has prior experience in this area, or if she has interviewed those who have.

A chilling account of abuse, self-defense, and the after-math...Dying to Live should be read with care.

That's how I understand it
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment